- BBC One. This will be broadcasting throughout the day in both SD and HD. It will take breaks for news though, at which point it dismally switches to BBC Two (SD only!). It's always been outrageous that BBC One HD has a permanent onscreen logo to ruin the purity of any HD recording, especially when BBC One SD doesn't have such a logo.
- BBC Two. A bit pathetic that this is SD only - rumours are that BBC HD might eventually become BBC Two HD, but not until well after the Olympics. Only airs Olympics during BBC One news programmes.
- BBC Three. Not only just available in SD, but a permanent and disgustingly purple logo is present. This channel will be extended to 24 hours on Freesat during the Olympics, but will remain restricted to something like 7.00pm-5.30am each day on Freeview.
- BBC HD. Annoying logo in the corner like BBC One HD.
- BBC News. Sadly only in SD in again and frequently has an onscreen clock and an irritatingly distracting scrolling ticker along the bottom with a bright red background - arrgh!
- BBC Red Button channel 301. SD only again - often accessible by pressing the red button on BBC SD channels.
- BBC Red Button channel 302. Predictably SD only and also can be accessed via the red button. This will broadcast only during the Olympics and currently has a static caption stating this.
There are also three BBC digital radio channels covering the Olympics that you could record:
- BBC Radio 5 Live
- BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra
- BBC Radio 5 Live Olympics Extra (only available for the duration of the Olympics)
- Channel 4 HD news bulletins
- ITV 1 HD news bulletins
- Sky News (this may only be in SD on Freeview and Freesat)
I will be documenting how to install Ubuntu+XBMC+PVR+tvheadend on a Revo this weekend, but until then, you can now read a lot more detail (though no links/prices/exact models yet) on the Expensive Setup page.